Tuesday, April 30, 2019

One more thing about the 8 o'clock news in Korea

Just a follow-up to what I wrote recently about the editorial choices of Korean TV channels. I explained that journalists and anchors of the evening news programs tended to dwell for too long on  information that isn't - at least in my opinion - of paramount importance. Well, just yesterday, JTBC spent several minutes explaining how a bicycle thief was arrested! Even if he stole a few hundred bikes, in my country this would probably not even be on the local TV news (maybe it would get a few lines in the local newspaper, though). 


This also illustrates what I wrote some time ago about Korea being an extremely safe country. So one can imagine that JTBC talked about it because it's pretty unusual. It made me smile anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment